General Psychology – Addictions
A friend of yours works in a setting where he has to complete substance abuse assessments. He is troubled by the situation he finds himself in and has asked for your advice. According to your friend, an accurate assessment takes 60–90 minutes, but he is only being given 30 minutes to complete each assessment. He is very concerned that the information may not properly represent what is being assessed and may potentially cause harm. He has tried to discuss this with the person in charge of the setting, but that person just wants the assessments done in 30 minutes and is unwilling to extend more time.
Requirements For the case study you have selected:
· Explain the potential ethical issues in the situation. Are there conflicting ethical principles?
· Analyze the professional implications of the situation.
o Is the psychology professional practicing outside the scope of licensure?
o Is there a conflict of interest?
o Are there possible issues of confidentiality?
o Are there possible legal implications?
o What types of repercussions might occur?
· Recommend an evidence-based course of action for the psychology professional. Make sure every questions is answered completely grading is very strict.
· Format: Include a title page and reference page.
· Length: 4 pages, double-spaced.
· References: At least three current scholarly or professional resources, in addition to the APA Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct.
· APA formatting: References and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
· Font: Times New Roman, 12 points.
· No Plagiarism
· No Grammar Mistakes
Make sure every area is answered completely grading is very strict.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.