Read the Discussion Participation Scoring Guide to learn how the instructor will evaluate your discussion participation throughout this course. Follow these steps to participate in this discussion:
1. Based on your reading of Caulkins et al., Courtwright, and others, identify the two historic milestones that had the most significant effect on shaping the approach to substance abuse treatment in the United States.
2. Justify how and why you believe these events were so significant.
3. For more insight, refer to the Optional Articles section of the Course Material
Follow these steps to participate in this discussion:
1. Based on your review of the ONDCP’s Policy Web page, conduct an analysis of the national strategy to treat drug abuse.
2. Specifically, assess the strengths and weaknesses of the goals set forth in the strategic plan.
3. If you have experience in the addictions setting, explain your experiences as related to the information. If you have no experience in an addictions setting, interview someone with some experience.
4. Answer the following questions:
o Do you believe the plan is realistic?
o Are the goals achievable?
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.