Final Case Study: Consulting for the Caring Angel Hospital
Due Week 10 and worth 300 points
Imagine that you are a senior consultant at Practical Health Care Consulting firm. Your supervisor has instructed you to spend three (3) months at the Caring Angel Hospital to help improve the quality of care, add value to the organization, improve employee morale, design an efficient organizational chart, create a strong team environment, and create the hospital’s competitive advantage. The hospital has traditionally made losses year after year. Furthermore, it is not performing well financially, and the banks are not willing to lend it large sums of money for more effective marketing.
After spending two (2) months within the hospital, you are very happy with your progress, and you think you are capable of acquiring more patient base and expanding the hospital market. However, with a closer look, you notice that your patients are still hopping from one specialized hospital to another in search of various specialized treatments. You also notice that the seats are not comfortable in the waiting area, and the patients continuously show up for appointments on the wrong dates. The nurses and the employees are not smiling during patient conversations, and everyone looks for ways to blame others for failures in the patient treatment process. Everyone seems to work alone and hide what they do from their colleagues.
At the end of the three (3) month period, you must provide a report with your recommended strategies designed to help Caring Angel Hospital achieve its goals.
Note: You may create and / or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
1. From a consulting perspective, propose the major steps that Caring Angel Hospital could take to achieve each of the following goals:
a. Improve the quality of care
b. Add value to the organization
c. Improve employee morale
d. Design an efficient organizational chart
e. Create a strong team environment
f. Create the hospital’s competitive edge.
2. Recommend one (1) approach that the hospital could use for acquiring a larger market share given the prevailing financial circumstances. Justify your recommendation.
3. Investigate at least two (2) value-added services that Caring Angel Hospital could offer to strengthen its value proposition. Provide at least two (2) examples of the advantages of these value-added services to the hospital.
4. Use four (4) recent (within the last five  years) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as quality academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Assess how politics in a health care organization motivates and demotivates employees, and recommend strategies to mitigate the challenges presented with each aspect.
· Determine best practices for establishing and maintaining strategic alliances within the health care industry or enterprise.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in health care management.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.