Psychopathology Essay QuestionsSeptember 25, 2018
Case Study 2September 25, 2018
Create a PowerPoint presentation of at least 10 slides that could be given in a professional context. The presentation will demonstrate the use of professional guidelines and tools that create a strategy for dealing with an ethical dilemma in a simulated case study, and will analyze the usefulness of those guidelines and tools.
Note: You are strongly encouraged to complete the assessments in this course in the order in which they are presented.
Ethical principles, professional standards, theories, and decision-making models provide guides for navigating complex moral choices in professional contexts.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Apply ethical principles and standards to ethical dilemmas.
- Ethical Concerns: Apply ethical standards to ethical concerns pertaining to a case study.
- Competency 2: Employ models of ethical reasoning and ethical decision making.
- Ethical Theory: Analyze ethical theories and justify application of one theory in an attempt to resolve the ethical dilemma in the case study.
- Ethical Decision Making: Apply steps in an ethical decision-making model to an ethical dilemma in the case study.
- Solution: Design a viable solution for an ethical problem.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the psychological professions.
- Communication: Write clearly, with correct spelling, grammar, syntax, and good organization, following APA style standards.
- View the Case Study Scenario Parts 1 and 2, which are linked in Required Resources.
- Download and use the Ethics Case Study Template, which is also linked in Required Resources. Do not submit a paper for this assessment. Papers will not be graded. You will complete this assessment by replacing all language that is enclosed with brackets in the PowerPoint with your own words. As in the previous assessment, you may enhance the design of the presentation to make it more effective. Again, links to tips for using PowerPoint and designing effective presentations are provided in Suggested Resources.
- Review Fisher’s Ethical Decision-Making Model, which is linked in Required Resources.
- Review Ethical Theories, which is linked in Required Resources.
Your PowerPoint should include the following:
- Title slide: On the first slide of the PowerPoint:
- Enter a descriptive title of approximately 5–15 words that concisely communicates the heart of the case study. It should stir interest while maintaining professional decorum.
- Enter your name, and a job title and organization that would fit with your case study.
- Case Study Overview slides: Provide the briefest possible narrative description of the professional conflict in the case. Additional supporting details and references can be added in the notes section in the slide. The overview should include:
- The professional setting of the case.
- Brief descriptions of the individuals involved and their roles.
- A brief summation of the ethical dilemma presented in the case study.
- Ethical Concerns slides: Bullet point three or more ethical concerns in the case and apply one or more ethical standards to each concern. Additional supporting details and references can be added in the notes section on the slide. Be sure to link to elements of the code.
- Comparison of Ethical Theories slides: In the first row of the provided table, enter the names of two ethical theories that you think would be the most appropriate for the situations in the case. In the following rows, enter comparisons of relevant features of the two theories. In the notes section, evaluate which theory provides a more functional framework for your case and explain why. (Note that ethical theories and ethical decision-making models are two different things. Please make sure you are comparing, contrasting, and evaluating two ethical theories).
- Ethical Decision-Making Model slides:
- Choose an ethical decision-making model, and identify each step in the model.
- Apply the model to your case and, under each step of the model, describe how that step would look if you applied it to the case.
- Incorporate multicultural issues presented in the case study within the selected ethical decision-making model.
- Add copies of this slide as needed, and combine steps on the slides as necessary or appropriate. In the notes section, write out supporting narrative details for your bullet points. (Note that ethical theories and ethical decision-making models are two different things. Please make sure you are applying steps of the ethical decision-making model to your case).
- Proposed Resolution slide: Use bullet points to summarize your proposed resolution to the ethical dilemmas in the case. In the notes section, write out supporting narrative details for your bullet points.
- References slides: Use current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Citation requirements: You must cite at least three scholarly research articles. You may cite reputable sources form Web sites, books, textbooks, and suggested resources as well, but these will not count toward the three required scholarly research references.
- Written communication: Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Format: Use the Ethics Case Study Template provided in the Required Resources. Use current APA style and formatting guidelines as applicable to this assessment.
- References: Three scholarly research articles.
- Length of PowerPoint: A minimum of 10 slides.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code "Newclient"