Micro Mod 4 DiscussionOctober 2, 2018
Describe the care/service provided by the healthcare professional, (used correct APA ciations)October 2, 2018
The purpose of this assignment is to apply ethical principles to current leadership practices within healthcare by a) explaining two ethical principles, b) applying selected ethical principles to leadership, c) identifying how selected ethical principles can prevent or resolve leadership concerns, d) discussing how selected ethical principles will be incorporated into own leadership practices, and e) communicate ideas in a clear, succinct and scholarly manner
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
CO #1: Analyze leadership qualities that facilitate collaboration and cooperation at the individual, team, community, and organizational levels within diverse healthcare settings to foster human health. (MPH PO #1, MSN PO # 1, 7)
CO #5: Incorporate ongoing leadership character development, values and ethical principles into a living leader role that collaborates with and engages individuals, teams, agencies, and organizations locally as well as globally. (MPH PO #8, MSN PO #5)
Due: Week 2.
Description of the Assignment
- In this 3-5 page paper (not including the title or reference pages in the page count), the introduction contains a few statements about ethical principles in general, identification of two ethical principles to be used in this paper, and the sections of the paper.
- Section One provides a definition and explanation of two ethical principles. Each of the selected ethical principles are then applied to leadership within any healthcare setting. Scholarly support is provided for the definitions, explanations, and application areas.
- Section Two presents information on how the selected ethical principles either prevents or solves two different leadership concerns within healthcare. Scholarly support is required
- Section Three identifies how you will incorporate each of the selected ethical principles into your own leadership activities within healthcare.
- Summary of this paper identifies key points from the presentation as well as of insights gained (what was learned) about applying ethical principles with leadership through writing the paper.
Criteria for Content
- Introduction includes general comments on ethics and leadership (such defining ethics in general, how ethics can impact leadership), identify the two ethical principles selected for use within this assignment, and the sections of the paper. A heading is not used.
- Section one contains a definition and explanation of each of the selected ethical principles. Scholarly references (no dictionaries are allowed to be used) are required. Following the definition and explanation of each of the required ethical principles, each principle should be applied to leadership, in general, within any healthcare setting.
- Section two identifies how the selected ethical principles either prevents or solves two different leadership concerns within healthcare. For example, nonmalificence relates to the leadership concern of high rate of medication errors. Scholarly support is required.
- Section three is a description of how the learner will incorporate each of the two selected ethical principles into their own leadership activities. This needs to be specific and can consider future leadership opportunities
- Summary is the conclusion of this assignment. It provides a review of key elements from your work. The summary also identifies the ideas and understandings you have gained regarding ethical principles and leadership from writing this paper.
Criteria for Format and Special Instructions
- This assignment must be submitted to TurnItIn™, as required by the TurnItIn™ policy. A Similarity Index of “blue” or “green” must be obtained. A score in the blue or green range indicates a similarity of less than 24% which is the benchmark for CCN graduate nursing students. Any other level of similarity index level requires the student to revise the assignment before the due date and time. To allow sufficient time for revision, early submission of the assignment to TurnItIn™ is highly encouraged. The final submission will be graded by faculty. If a Turnitin™ report indicates that plagiarism has occurred, the Academic Integrity policy will be followed.
- The textbook required for this course may not be used as a reference for this assignment.
- The use of a dictionary to define or explain ethical principles or leadership is not allowed for this assignment.
- Lesson information from this course may not be used as a scholarly reference.
- A minimum of 6 (six) scholarly references must be used.
- When presenting information from a published resource, past tense verbs are required.
- Title page, body of paper, and reference page must follow APA guidelines as found in the 6th edition of the manual. This includes the use of headings for each section or topic of the paper.
- The paper (excluding the title page and references page) should be a minimum of 3 pages and not to exceed 5 pages. Points will be lost for not meeting these length requirements (too short or too long)
- Ideas and information that come from readings must be cited and referenced correctly.
- Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal written work as found in the 6th edition of the APA manual.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code "Newclient"